In the Ullsteinstraße, the Philips company initially produced record players, tape recorders, and fans in a device factory built in 1955. From 1985 to 1998, the Brennet AG textile group used the buildings for the production of its high-quality cotton fabrics.
The architecturally impressive factory halls with an attached office building were part of several factories of this style that were built at the time. The Philips device factory is the oldest of its kind and has remained in its original form, with some extension buildings from the 1960s. The entire building complex is listed on the Berlin State Monument List.
Architect Prof. Dipl. Ing. Herbert Noth placed a focus on function and construction when designing the buildings. While the utilitarian structure of the partially brick-clad buildings dominates the external impression, it is the bright, friendly spaces created by the use of a lot of glass on the inside. The highlight of the site is the shed hall with room heights of up to 10 m. The building structure, construction technology, size, and organization of the device factory represent the new beginning of West Berlin industry.