Since its construction, there has been bustling activity around the modern regional, long-distance, and S-Bahn station Südkreuz: the former no man’s land in Berlin-Schöneberg has developed into an attractive district with all kinds of commercial properties in recent years. The immediate proximity to the city highway is an additional highlight.
Originally, the building complex was built in 1905-1908 for the production of electrical communication devices and pneumatic tube systems for the company Mix & Genest. In 1973, GSG Berlin took over the commercial courtyard and extensively renovated the five courtyards. The complex was expanded in 2006 through an additional top floor. Here, 44 modern office spaces with spacious windows and rooms ranging from 50 to 120 square meters were created. One highlight is the special features: all office spaces have linoleum flooring and ceiling lighting. There are a total of 101 commercial units in the form of workshops, offices, retail spaces, and production facilities in this conveniently located area. Companies from various industries are located at Geneststraße 5. Building G has a service center with reception, conference rooms, and office services.