Once upon a time, Gneisenaustraße in Berlin-Kreuzberg was designed as a grand boulevard. This is still evident today in the building designed as a residential house in 1908 by Wilhelm Peters, with its representative facade in a country house style. In the rear part of the property, however, eight white-brick, five-story commercial buildings with three courtyards were built.
Today, this GSG courtyard with its decorative front building has been extensively renovated. 30 rental units, ranging in size from 70 to 900 square meters, are available for use as offices, commercial space, workshops, or production facilities and are spread across the three buildings.