Berlin-Kreuzberg is more than just bars, art, and a lively neighborhood, but also a place of groundbreaking technical innovations, such as in Oranienstraße 6, in the GSG courtyard.
Here, in this lovingly restored and protected building, companies in the IT industry, as well as firms in film and television production, media, commerce, and gastronomy, work. In 1941, Konrad Zuse, the inventor of the computer, completed the first programmable and freely programmable computer here.
In 1875, carpenter Robert Otto built a residential building facing the street. In 1897, the five-story commercial building was constructed at the rear by government building master Georg Lewy. In 1929, the original stucco facade was replaced with one in the style of Neue Sachlichkeit (New Objectivity). However, the typical barrel-vaulted ceilings of the turn-of-the-century style were preserved.
Overall, the building has 20 commercial units with versatile rental spaces ranging from 50 to 300 square meters suitable for business premises, offices, production or commercial areas.